We are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician to work in our Chemical Manufacturing/Processing Plant in Carseland, AB. You will be responsible for all laboratory and quality control testing for the process plant and product. Providing technical and miscellaneous support to operations and engineering teams will also be a large percentage of this role.
Safety, Health & Environment
- Ensure laboratory compliance to all relevant Orica Model Procedures
- Ensure completion of all process safety related analytical testing.
- Support and back up preparation of monthly environmental reports
- Daily pondwater management.
- Ensure appropriate risk management processes are used in laboratory work
- Maintain Carseland MSDS database
- Manage program for gas testing equipment
- Support for SHE – eg. Confined space safety man
- Maintain Lab Procedures Manual
- Responsible for Galoryl and Sapphyr inventory control at Carseland Works.
- Control of Lab costs
- Control of costs for external analyses
- Monitor and support Nalco water treatment programs
- Calibration of lab equipment and other testing equipment
- Maintain lab supplies
Creative Customer Solutions
- Carry out product quality assurance testing
- Provide necessary analysis for customer complaint investigations
- Raw material quality assurance for Carseland Works
- Maintain shipment sampling program and communication with customers
- Assist in product quality improvement projects and testing
- Manage customer sample library
- Works closely with Operations on process sampling, troubleshooting, product quality assurance, raw material quality, and product quality improvement.
- Works closely with Loadout personnel and Shipper on shipment quality control and analyses.
- Maintain communication with Galoryl and Sapphyr suppliers to ensure timely supply to Carseland Works.
- Maintain communication with customers with respect to shipment analyses
- Maintains communication with contractors hired to do on site or external testing for the plant
- Work with Carseland engineering and technical personnel in Orica on product quality